Do public agencies need a licensed pilot to fly a drone?
The answer may surprise you. “Under Section 334, Public UAS operators have authority to self-certify their equipment and personnel, but…”
How can public safety “drone” operators gain the knowledge to safely operate publicly owned drones? Contact The Drone Professor to schedule our Public Agency UAV/Drone Operator Ground School training for your public safety personnel.
The Drone Professors’ Remote Pilot Certification Study Course is intended for public safety personnel, both sworn and non-sworn, who are interested in obtaining their FAA Remote Pilot Certificate under FAR Part 107 OR for agencies who need to TRAIN personnel under a COA/Waiver to the level required by the COA approval. This course will provide the basics for the student to prepare to successfully take the FAA Remote Pilot Certification exam. The FAA Exam is NOT included in the course and must be scheduled and paid separately with the appropriate testing provider.
What information should the local LEO collect for the FAA when responding to Drone complaints?
TARGET AUDIENCE: Members of Law Enforcement, Search and Rescue and Emergency, Medical Service, First Responders, and administrators. This training is also valuable for agency employees and/or rated pilots who have are or will be working with or acting as UAS operators or pilots. We can also schedule classes AT YOUR LOCATION.
- New UAS Courses are in development, custom courses are also available.
- Missouri City Texas Police Department, Missouri City, Texas
Institute of Public Safety Broward College, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Texas City Police Department, Texas City, Texas
- Hopkinton Police Department, Hopkinton, Mass
- Nortex RPC Law Enforcement Training, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Valencia College, Public Safety, Orlando, Florida
- Gulf Coast Public Safety, Panama City, Florida
- Pat Thomas Academy, Tallahassee, Florida
Contact, call or email today:
TimTrott@TheDroneProfessor.com – 850 579 0705
or TrainingForceUSA.com – 850-251-1223
UAS (or Drone) operations can be expected to play and increasing role in law enforcement and public safety, as well as presenting new challenges for law enforcement response.
These courses focus on the integration of UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) into the law enforcement and the general public safety arena as well as preparation for response to drone complaints and incidents involving unmanned aircraft. This training series offers a broad view of the applications and implications for UAVS in Public Service and specific UAS operations.
Available Training Courses include:
- FAA Part §107 Remote Pilot Certification Exam Preparation*
- Applying for Public COA (Certificate of Authorization or Waiver)
- UAS Flight Instruction (Basic Flight Procedures)
- UAS Applications for Public Safety (Selection and Utilization)
- LEO Response to Drone Complaints (Local Law Enfrocement and the FAA)
- Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC)
- UAS Mission Planning (Planning Field Operations)
- UAS Safety Operations (Safety Considerations)
The History of Drones – 1918 to Present
*(Note: The Remote Pilot Certification course is constructed according to the standards of the FAA Remote Pilot Unmanned Aircraft Systems Airman Certification Standards (FAA-S-ACS-10) and includes a 40 question sample exam provided by the FAA. Additional study will be required before passing the FAA exam. However this is NOT an “official” FAA training program)
Custom UAS Training Programs can be provided on request
AT YOUR LOCATION.